One of my favorite femalesingers is Lisa Stansfield. If you are not a dedicated fan, you at least probably remember a few of her songs, like All Around the World, Change, Real Thing, or Someday (I'm coming back), which for the most part would be classified as pop/R&B. A few of her remixes were also great. She sort of disappeared from the radar for a while (especially in the US). Recently I got her latest DVD release, Live at Ronnie Scott's, which is a recorded live performace at the legendary London Jazz club. She was the first non-traditional jazz musician to be invited to perform there. You may or may not like it since it does not have the energy of a big arena concert or the high-production value of a music video, but I love it. The essence of the her vocal style really comes through. Get the DVD if you like her old stuff. It will not play on a regular DVD player in the US unless you have the "all zone" player. ( or you can play it on your PC, of course.)

No comments:
Post a Comment