Saturday, March 25, 2006

Asian (not so ancient) secret and other peculiarities
















If you are in Chinatown in any city, you will probably see a bubble tea shop which is all the rage among young and hip Asians. This weekend I trekked to NYC Chinatown and headed to TenRenteatime to get my favorite green tea smoothie and found about 20 people waiting in line for bubble tea(tea-based beverage with any flavor of your choice and chewy tapioca balls at the bottom.) This pissed me off to no end as good things can never be kept a secret. (I know, I'm selfish that way). So Chris and I headed to Grand Street for my second favorite tea shop, Quickly's tea and noticed the unintentionally funny sign (like in many Asian signs and logos). You have to be "quick" to go there becuase of the impossibly short store hours. (it actually says 10am-11pm in very small print.)

1 comment:

ROBOCUB said...

When I was in Downtown LA, I came across a little Asian shop that had such drinks. This one had something like a Green Tea smoothie/fappachino. It was soooo good. But I've never seen anything like it anywhere again. I'll have to check out this TenRenteatime place. Those bubble drinks are kinda nasty slimy.