I love airplanes/airports and aviation in general. When I was young, I used to look forward to going to the airport. For some reason, watching airplanes taking off and landing never bored me. Too bad now that flying is not fun any more. The security issues and having to fly in cramped economy class have turned flying into an act of absolute torture. Still, a sight of a big jet in action still fascinates me. If you want to see cool pictures of airplanes and airports, this website has tons of pictures sent in by people who I guess have the same freakish fascination like me. The above picture is one of many taken at the St. Maarten Airport where the runway is so close to the beach that you can see the landing jet up close. (really close). Another airport which gives you amazing views is the former Hong Kong Airport (Kai Tak) which is right in the middle of the city on Kowloon side. (you can search for pics by choosing the airport). I remember flying in and out of that airport as a yound kid. It was so much fun and scary at the same time. And for those of you who have a morbid desire to see the same stuff in a less beautiful protrayal, then check out the "plane crash website".

No comments:
Post a Comment